29 June 2008

Time

I find that I am slowing down on this assignment. Instead of tackling a new module, I'm spending my time reading other participants' blogs, making comments, and twittering.

I don't think this is a bad thing, it's just a consideration. And as more staffers join the project, keeping up with them all is going to take even more time.

I want the ultimate mashup: a single page with feeds from all our bloggers, our whole twitterstream, everybody's Flickr photos and YouTube videos...plus a forum where we can have discussions of all the various topics. Yes, as the saying goes, I want to have us "all on the same page."

Does anyone know if there's a tool that would allow me to construct that page? It doesn't look like a wiki would do it, but I may be missing something in the wiki module.

4 comments:

The EEB said...

Well, Mr. Don, I have found your comments interesting. You have been my online hero since Hot Titles, and durned if I don't think Web 2.0 would let us recreate it.

It seems to me that with creating pages, blogs, WIKIs, and thing-a-ma-bobs so easy these days, and with the potential library readership so large, we need to expand beyond ISS and tap into the talents of our whole staff.

The EEB

Meerkatdon said...

Our staff includes so many creative and talented people, I hope this exercise serves to unleash their abilities in a million different ways.

BTW, if you miss Hot Titles, you can always check out this site.

Bob Erle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob Erle said...

Heh, just learned what it looks like when you delete a post -since they can't be edited :)

What I'd wondered if it wouild be possible to construct a page similar to the old frames format that let you put different page elements into different parts of the page.

I like the concept of the LiveJournal threaded blog, I'll have to find one I like enough to pay attention to for long enough to see how it works...