06 June 2008

Shout Out to Other Bloggers

Are you following any of the other blogs associated with this project? Man, we have a lot of articulate, intelligent, talented people in this system!

On Changing As We Speak, Happier Blue is an old-timer who's jumped into Web 2.0 unreservedly, and is sharing great ideas right and left.

Bookpusher on Sunny Days and HCR on Chocolate Chai work at the same branch, and they've been egging each other on -- video-ing, flickring, tweeting, and generally making the rest of us look bad. You go, girls!

On Blogging...Me No Likely, eon.girl pretends that she's new at this and doing it reluctantly, but she can't fool us...she's doing a great job and coming up with some really kewl thoughts as well.

AimeeReads is a great place to check if you're feeling unsure about all this stuff (and aren't we all?) She's plugging away and sharing her thoughts as she goes.

Lisa C. has a Web 2.0 Exploration blog in which she's jumping around among topics, in true anarchist Librarian style. Plus, she's going out and finding thought-provoking articles to share as well.

Tom LATI has a much more philosophical approach, I can't read any of his posts without pondering all kinds of questions and deeper meanings of all this stuff. Plus, he's a historical re-enactor...how kewl is that?

On Smile Without A Cat, A.L. (Alice Liddell, do you suppose?) is another one of these people who sheds ideas like a cat sheds fur. Get ready to think and learn when you read her posts.

Silverlining is just having all kinds of adventures and posting all kinds of great pictures. Check out Sneaks...and the surprise in the mailbox.

We're all holding our breath waiting for further adventures of Indiana Joans.

Orangerful has started up to read is to empower again for this project, but she hasn't listed it in the sidebar on the Web 2.0 Exploration site. Are you trying to hide from us?

And Bob Erle is being enigmatic on Gnaritas Vox, is anyone surprised?

I have to say, I really have mixed feelings about the anonymity. In one sense, I'm frustrated by not knowing which identities belong to which of my colleagues (although some of you aren't working any harder than I am at maintaining your secret identities...Bookpusher and Bob Erle, I have my eye on you two...gad, we'd make lousy superheroes). OTOH, It's kind a fun to see people in a new light.

Orangerful, for example...okay, I thought she was someone else entirely. And the person I thought she was, isn't exactly someone I expected to be so comfortable with the online world. Now that I know her real identity, I'm not so surprised.

As you can see, I've reached the point where I feel like I want some back-and-forth contact with all you guys. A forum. I'm guessing that's coming up in a future module.

3 comments:

A. L. said...

I hadn't thought of Alice Liddell, but that works rather well, doesn't it? :-)

Happier Blue said...

Hear, hear! I've been having great fun reading everyone else's blogs. There are a lot of people in the library system that I barely see any more, and others that I haven't even met, so I'm enjoying finding out more about my colleagues. And it's interesting to see how various colleagues express their thoughts in a written format. What an articulate bunch. Outside of this exercise I haven't much caught on to the blog world because there are still only 24 hours in a day and how much time do I want to spend reading the thoughts and opinions of strangers...but reading the thoughts and opinions of other staff members is intriguing.

tk42 said...

I confess that I haven't been reading nor posting nearly as much as I ought. I have so many accounts these days....Maybe it's good that I'm about to start RSS Feed.

I didn't actually mean to be annonymous, tho. I guess the actual name sort of gives it away...maybe I'll change it to be more exciting. I just had some accounts already in place so I went from there.